Occupational therapists (also called OTs) help to break down barriers for clients who have challenges to fully participate in desired daily life activities. Those challenges may be due to physical delay, developmental delay, behavioural challenges, ADD/ADHD, Autism, chromosomal differences, trauma and many more.
What Can Occupational Therapists Do?
The Occupational Therapist at The Asante Centre see children and youth with a range of skills and abilities. Below are some of the difficulties children might be experiencing that OTs can help with.
- Sensory processing
- Self-care concerns
- Developmental delays
- Play and social skills challenges
- Attention and concentration challenges
- Handwriting difficulties
- Fine motor skills and gross motor delays
- Behavioural challenges
Asante Centre Occupational Therapy Program
Asante Centre’s occupational therapy program includes;
- Assessment involving standardized and/or non-standardized assessments, clinical observations or questionnaires to develop an individualized treatment plan to support the child’s strengths and challenges.
- Intervention for children and youth who are experiencing challenges in their daily life activities
- Parent/caregiver training and education to empower and support goal attainment in the home environment
- Training and education to empower and support goal attainment for those involved in alternative primary environments such as daycare, kindergarten, and school..etc.
The Asante Centre treatment rooms and innovative equipment is designed to mirror playful and meaningful activities to the child, yet the therapist is actually drawing upon extensive training to provide “the right fit” therapeutic activities aimed at developing greater capabilities and skill levels for each unique child. We work hard to collaborate with the client and all those involved to ensure goal attainment and client’s maximum participation in their everyday life. Family members are encouraged to participate to reinforce learning goals at home and to support translation of skills to meaningful environments.
Where can I get more information?
the occupational therapists at the Asante Centre for more information on services and fees.